This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Source code references issue

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Hi,

In source code the projects seem to have wrong references, but since it works for you i might be missing something.
For example in project InternalTests i have
<Reference Include="dotNetRDF">
      <HintPath>..\packages\dotNetRDF.1.0.2.2880\lib\net40\dotNetRDF.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
but it should be
<HintPath>..\..\packages\....
because the packages are located in \src folder and the path to project is
"src\core\BrightstarDB.InternalTests\"

As a result even if all packages are there, all references are missing and I have to reinstal all packages using package manager in order to update those paths.
Dec 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Are you building the BrightstarDB.sln in src or the core.sln in src/core ? I think that the problem arises from the fact that I have that BrightstarDB.sln file one directory up from the core.sln which is the solution I usually use for working. So when NuGet installs packages in the projects it uses a relative path that works from the core.sln but not from the BrightstarDB.sln.

I'm not sure about the best thing to do in this situation I could either:

a) Remove the different platform-specific solution files and just have a BrightstarDB.sln, but then that is necessarily a bigger solution so less convenient to work in day to day.
b) Remove BrightstarDB.sln and replace it with a build.proj file that builds all the different platforms solutions. But then to work across platforms in VS you would need to have several instances open (one for core, one for mobile, one for portable). Its also a bit less obvious for newcomers that to find the solution files you need to go down another level from the src directory.

My preference is to probably go with (b) because it matches the way I tend to work with the project. Maybe also I could add a README to the src directory that says where the different solution files can be found.
Dec 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I opened it using "BrightstarDB.sln ", because it was first file and kind of obvious I should use it since the naming.
What i would suggest is to have a readme.txt file (in root) that explains where sln files are located and when/why should i use that .sln;