This is primarily a bug-fix release with some important updates for applications using date/time values in the BrightstarDB Entity Framework. In addition this release adds support for the Xamarin.iOS PCL profile. This enables BrightstarDB to be used in Xamarin.Forms PCL applications across Android, Windows Phone and iOS. There are no changes to the store file format, and no breaking API changes. This is a recommended update for all users.
- The PCL platform libraries now includes support for the Xamarin.iOS, Version=1.0 PCL framework.
- Making changes the the properties of BrightstarDB.Configuration that configure the server-side query caching will now cause the cache to be deleted and recreated with the new settings on the next request for the cache handle.
- Added caching of master file data structures to improve performance in applications that perform large numbers of reads per write.
- UTC date/time values now keep their status as UTC values. Thanks to kentcb for the bug report.
- Fix for round-tripping date/time values in US locale.
- Fixed an issue in the text template code generation for EF that would report an error on properties using a nullable enumeration type. Thanks to kentcb for the bug report on this one too!
- Added caching of master file status which should improve performance in applications which perform large numbers of read/query operations from the same commit point.