This release includes a number of bug fixes, performance enhancements and feature enhancements. There is only one minor change to the REST API - the addition of some extra fields to the JobStatus JSON object. There are no other API changes and the store file format is unchanged.
This is a recommended release for all users.
Key changes in this release:
- FIX: Job date/time stamps are now displayed correctly in the browser HTML view.
- FIX: Browser UI now passes through the target graph URI when starting an import job.
- FIX: Polaris UI now passes through the target graph URI when starting an import job.
- FIX: The status message for a Statistics Update job now reports the percentage completed correctly.
- Enhancement: The Windows Installer now includes a VSIX to install the Entity Context and Entity Definition C# item templates into Visual Studio 2015. The VSIX will be installed automatically if you select the option to add the Visual Studio 2015 integration.
- Enhancement: The Windows Installer now includes a local copy of this documentation as well as the API documentation.
- Enhancement: The Windows Installer now includes a copy of the standard Entity Context T4 text template for those cases where it might be necessary to manually add the template to a project.
- Enhancement: The Entity Framework code generators have been updated to support generating internal classes to implement public interfaces.
- Enhancement: Improvements to import to better alleviate low-memory conditions.
- Enhancement: It is now possible to detach an entity from one context and attach it to another context while retaining any locally made (unsaved) property changes.
- Enhancement: Added more of the XML Schema datatypes to the list of datatypes recognized and automatically converted by the Entity Framework. This enhancement adds support for xsd:int, xsd:positiveInteger, xsd:negativeInteger, xsd:nonPositiveInteger, xsd:nonNegativeInteger (which are all converted to Int32); xsd:normalizeString, xsd:token and xsd:language (which are all converted to String).