This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

transaction error when i try consolidate store

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I don't know if is bug, just make some research currently. But i tried couple of time make consolidate store after i add big data amount (4740016 total triples). I got every transaction error. There were two reasons, which i can read in the log files. First - The consolidate.bs file was locked - which is easy to solve, i just restarted BrightStardDb service. But second time i got "Attempt to write to a fixed page" - i don't know what it really does mean. i can see it in the BrightStardDb source code, but for check what is wrong, i must debug. But fist i would like ask here, if you know, what wrong...
If i try the same in the almost empty store, there is not problem (except locked consolidate.bs)
I tried also add data in different way. Usually i delete and recreate store. then i import triples from nt file (which i created from my original data), or i tried also add data by the EF capabilities to the just created empty store. but the finally is it same, i got same errors.
Thanks for any advice.
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Hi,

It does sound like a bug. The message means that the code is trying to update a store page which has been loaded as a readonly page without first preparing the page for write. Which type of store are you using ? The append-only (default) or the rewrite store - the error sounds like it is a rewrite store.

Also are you using the 1.6.2 release or are you building BrightstarDB from source (and if so, from develop or master branch) ?

Cheers

Kal
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Hi, i use append-only store (didn't change config for this, so i expect default value) and last stable version, so 1.6.2 release...
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Edited Aug 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM
i can share somewhere my nt import file, it has about 1 GB - about 120 MB compressed. if you import it and try consolidate, maybe you will see what is wrong faster...
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM
That would be really useful if you could please. Is there somewhere you can put it where I can download it? If you want to email the details to me off-list, then use the CodePlex contact option (if you click on my username you should see a contact link on the left-hand side of my profile page).
Aug 6, 2014 at 2:17 PM
i sent you it via pm, thanks
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Thanks - I've got the file and I will try it out as soon as I get a chance. I just have to import this and then try and consolidate the store created, right ?
Aug 7, 2014 at 2:05 AM
yes exactly. thanks
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Hi,

Thanks for providing the source data. I managed to reproduce and track down the error. I've got a fix and I'm currently in the process of putting together the 1.7 release which will include the fix.

Cheers

Kal
Aug 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM
:)
thanks a lot. i will wait for new version :)
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Just to let you know, there is now a 1.7 release that should fix this issue.