Protege on BrightStarDB

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I would like to use Protege to read and update the triples stored in BrightStarDB. Is this possible? If it is possible, can you please point me to some documentation that describes how to specify the endpoint to Protege. If it is not possible, is there a different tool, like Protege, that is the preferred option for graphically viewing the graph stored in a BrightStarDB? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Hi,

Any tool that can issue SPARQL 1.1 queries using the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol can read from BrightstarDB. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that Protege has this capability (though I may be wrong about that as Protege does have a nice ecosystem of plugins). However there are a number of different browser tools out there that do - a Google for "SPARQL endpoint browser" should throw up a bunch of candidates with different features and implemented in different languages.

The SPARQL endpoint for a BrightstarDB store to be accessed through the locally running BrightstarDB service is http://localhost:8090/brightstar/{storename}/sparql

Cheers

Kal