Query Time out

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:55 PM
I run a query which got an exception of time out. I figured that the time limit is 60 seconds. The same query and same dataset executed in Jena Fuseki runs only 3 seconds. I like the the idea of embedding a RDF store in an application, however, the performance seemed way too slow. If the performance can be improved substantially, BrightStarDB can be a very useful tool like SQLite.

By the way, is there a way to set the time out limit longer than 60 seconds?

Thanks,

Zhimin Lin
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Hi,

Sorry you are having performance issues. You can extend the query timeout with the setting BrightstarDB.QueryExecutionTimeout in your app.config file. See http://brightstardb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Running_BrightstarDB/#additional-configuration-options for all the different configuration options.

It would be really helpful if you could either share your data and query with me or do some profiling yourself on the query to see what part of the query processing is sucking up all that time. The best way I can track down pathological query problems like this is to be able to step through and/or profile the code to find the hotspots, so any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kal