This release adds a number of requested features and also includes some performance updates. The store format remains unchanged from 1.7.1 and it is a recommended upgrade for all users.
As usual packages are also available on NuGet and from this release we will also be providing a Docker image for a BrightstarDB service container. This may come out a day or two after this release goes up. Please check the website at http://www.brightstardb.com/
for a blog post when the Docker image is available.
* NEW: EntityFramework now supports GUID properties.
* NEW: EntityFramework now has an [Ignore] attribute which can be used to decorate interface properties that are not to be implemented by the generated EF class.
* NEW: Added a constructor option to generated EF entity classes that allows property initialisation in the constructor. Thanks to CyborgDE for the suggestion.
* NEW: Added some basic logging support for Android and iOS PCL builds. These builds now log diagnostic messages when built in Debug configuration, and the BrightstarDB logging subsystem can be initialized with a local file name to generate persistent log files in Release configuration.
* NEW: It is now possible to iterate the distinct predicates of a data object using the GetPropertyTypes method.
* FIX: Fix for Polaris crash when attempting to process a query containing a syntax error.
* FIX: Fixed NuGet packaging to remove an obsolete reference to Windows Phone 8. WP8 (and 8.1) are still both supported but as PCL profiles.
* FIX: Performance fix for full cache scenarios.